I'm just thrilled that February is here. January is cold, long, hard month. BUT WE SURVIVED AMEN. February is a big, fun month for us and I'm so glad we kicked it off with such a gorgeous, sweet wedding. I'm ready to make things happen this month.
Here's a look back at my January goals:
1. Spend time reading the bible/a devotional at the end of the day instead of being on my phone. So this is kind of a fail. I did try to be more intentional about not being on my phone, but I failed many nights. And then I probably fell asleep on the couch 50% of the month. Ha! I want to be better about actually being intentional with not just the "no phone" thing, but really making it a point to read the Word every night.
2. CALL friends at least once a week. How is 3/5 weeks? I want to continue getting better about this!
3. Honor my husband by keeping a tidy home and being physically and emotionally ready for his homecoming each night. I thought I'd be worse about this one, but it was surprisingly a strength, I think! After him being away for those few months I think I felt a little more excitement about creating a relaxing home at the end of the day. I had a husband coming home!
4. Slowly build our business by creating a saving plan for equipment and building relationships with clients and peers that will encourage our business. I'm so excited to say that we've booked at least one wedding every month this year except for THREE! Praise the Lord! It's been overwhelming to stay organized and to really do this thing right. I'm going to work on this a lot in February!
5. This month I want to simplify our lifestyle by spending less money on food. I started grocery shopping for the month and while it was successful, I didn't save as much as I could have because I didn't plan the best way. I've already grocery shopped for the month of February and I was so excited when I saw that I was over $100 under budget! I hope that we do well on meals this month and I can continue to bring down our grocery bill!
1. Continue doing my No Other gods study in the morning and start being consistent at doing my chronological study at night. The Lord has taught me so much through my chronological study and I want to be obedient to spend time studying!
2. Call or see friends at least once a week. Keeping this one because it's something I need to continue to work on.
3. Spend quality date nights with my husband. I want to plan fun and different (but affordable!) dates for my husband to get us out of routine every once in a while. Send tips, ladies!
4. Complete all our legal documents for 314 Productions and spend half an hour every afternoon working on business things. I want to stay more organized daily so that I can stay on top of all our appointments and spend time improving our business!
5. Create an organization plan for our closet. We are eventually going to have built ins in our closet and I need to design what we want to create a way that we can keep it simple and organized. The clutter is killing me!
That's it, y'all. Here's to a February where we make things happen!