For the past several weeks I've been going through Lara Casey's goal setting series from last year. I didn't want to wait for her new steps because I wanted to get a jump start on really thinking through my answers. I've had several weeks to really reflect on 2013 and have a solid vision for 2014. I won't share all of my "steps" today, but I thought I'd share the big things to encourage you to create your own goals for 2014. I'm going to be accountable to Victoria throughout the year on these and I know that gal will keep me encouraged.
a cup of tea
breakfast for dinner
falling asleep next to a husband
Those are just a few things you'll find on my making things happen in 2014 pinterest board. A whole board of things that fire me up and inspire me and encourage me to keep doing the things the Lord tells me to do. Making a list of 50 things that fire me up really helps me to see all the things that make my heart beat faster and inspire me to do my best in all that I do.
After that step, I was ready to write my 2014 vision...
This is my vision. This is what I want 2014 to be about. I want everything I do to come back to this idea of being a servant. A humble servant willing to love and go and be His hands and feet. I want to have deeper, more meaningful relationships because, at the end, only things of the soul matter. This year, I want this to be my heart. Instead of creating lots of goals that go along with my vision, I've picked five big goals that will allow me to live this vision. Five goals, that I will dig deeper into during monthly goals, that will help me to live my best life with Jesus at the center.
1. Spend more time with Jesus. Not just in my quiet time, but anytime. I want a desire to be in the word constantly and talking with Him consistently.
2. Cultivate real, accountable friendships. I have some precious friends, but I want to be more intentional about making them Christ centered and raw. I need more accountability.
3. Love my husband and respect him wholeheartedly. I want to place him second in my life. Jesus first, husband second. I want to invest time into him and place his needs above my own.
4. Keep a godly attitude about our business. Video is a blessing and we should be a blessing to others in our service and christlikeness.
5. Simplify our lifestyle. Get rid of things, learn to live without things, live content. Simplify so we have more time and resources to pour into others.
Each month my goals will reflect these larger goals. I want to be intentional every month. I want to use everyday to the fullest of its capacity and I want to do big things for Jesus. My heart is just bursting about 2014. I'm so ready.
Today, I'll end with my word of the year. This basically flew out of my mouth as soon as Lara said, "think about a word that you want to describe your year."
Not for the sake of just being simple or of having a cleaner home. Simplicity because I need more time to love my husband and serve those around me. Simplicity because I should be giving more money to those in need. Simplicity because I need more room in my heart and mind to think about the Lord and meditate on scripture. Simplicity because life isn't about me and my stuff or me and my time or me and my plans. Simplicity because I need room for Jesus to move.
Here we go, y'all. Let's make things happen.
2014, I'm ready.