1. I need Jesus.
I never knew just how much I needed Jesus until you married me. I need Him everyday. I need the grace and the mercy. I need His strength to deny myself to love you first.
2. Marriage is better than a fairytale.
My wildest dreams don't compare to the marriage I have with you. You've blown away my every expectation.
3. If I need help or I want someone to do something, ASK.
I can't just assume that you can read my mind or that you know every tiny task I'd like you to do. If I would like for you to help me, I just need to ASK YOU!
4. Encouragement in important relationships is a must.
You've taught me how to encourage. I've learned when to say things, when to keep quiet, and when to encourage you by holding your hand. You've taught me these things because I've seen them firsthand from you.
5. Marriage isn't about me.
Surprise, surprise... God has yet again shown me that life isn't about me! You continually remind me that I have someone else in my life that I should love above myself. I've seen you love me so fiercely that I want to love you the same. I want to sacrifice for you.
6. I can do hard things.
I didn't know that I could sleep alone on the weekdays. I didn't know that I could take care of my home. I didn't know that I could spend some of our first days without you. I can. And I can do it because I have the Lord and because I know this season is just a season. Thank you for teaching me to trust harder in the Lord.
7. Homes are for dancing.
Our living room dance parties make my heart full.
8. Breakfast dates can be just a special as fancy dates.
They're my favorite ones!
9. Being intentional changes a marriage.
You've shown me intentionality in your actions and in your speech. I want to always invest in you like you invest in me.
10. I can survive without a plan.
One the biggest things you've taught me, love. :)
11. Laughter is the best medicine.
12. Football isn't as hard to understand as I thought.
And I quite enjoy it!
13. A round of golf doesn't take 8 hours.
Okay, maybe I'm still not certain about this one... but, I'll take your word for it. ;)
14. "It's Saturday in Athens" isn't just a phrase.
I never knew that I'd have a love for Athens, GA or the dawgs. But, I do.
15. Marriage requires selflessness.
From the first day of marriage you've blown me away with how selfless you are. You are constantly putting me ahead of yourself. It's made such an impact on my life.
16. Communication is key.
I have to TALK when I'm mad or sad or upset.
17. It's best when you get the laundry out of the dryer as SOON as their done.
My biggest wife fail so far. I'll get better, my dear.
18. Attitude can make or break a conversation.
Why do I have such a terrible one sometimes!? Thank you for gently but firmly bringing me back to reality sometimes.
19. "I'm sorry" are two of the most important words I'll ever use in our marriage.
What a humbling moment when I have to apologize. I'm grateful for it.
20. You'll be a big teddy bear of a Daddy.
Your love is so sweet and so full. I can just picture you with our children and it makes me heart leap.
21. Submission isn't too hard when you have such a graceful and loving husband.
You've made submission easy for me. Thank you for leading me so well.
22. Our home is special because we live and love here.
I'm thankful for the constant reminder that our home isn't about the things that fill it, but it's about love and service.
23. You just have to let things go.
Some things won't go my way... and that's okay. and NECESSARY for the Lord to work some things out. What a blessing this lesson has been from you.
24. I love you more now that I loved you eight months ago.
25. I'll love you more tomorrow than I love you today.
Happy 25th birthday, my groom. I love you!