Hello, Bloom Blog Readers! My name is Emily and I am the girl behind the blog "Life with Emily," where I chronicle my every day life, fashion adventures, DIY, and everything else!
I am so happy to be guest blogging for Nicole while she is away enjoying the married life! Wishing you the best, Mrs. Cole! With Nicole traveling to the DR, I thought it would be fun to blog about things that I have deemed "travel essentials." On nearly every trip that I go on I have noticed a trend in what items I bring (I'm a creature of habit, what can I say!)
1. Large Longchamp: I have carried Longchamps since high school (I used them in place of a book bag.) These bags are great for traveling with a large load. I have one that I carry to work that is filled with everything I always need. I have another one that I use just for traveling. I keep items such as hair ties, extra chargers, etc. in it.
2. iPhone/iPhone charger: It's no secret that my iPhone is basically glued to my hand at any given time, but when traveling it is especially important. It's a great way to pass the time while checking out social media, returning emails, and playing the occasional game (scramble with friends, anyone?!?)
3. Pillow and Blanket: I am all for comfort. I love cuddling up while in the car or on a plane and my favorite pillow and blanket make it easier to do so!
4. Sweatshirt: I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I travel I go through hot and cold phases where one minute I am burning up and the next I am freezing! Having a sweatshirt close by helps with my bipolar body temperature.
5. Kindle Fire: Nothing helps pass the time more than reading! It's so easy to get so involved in a book and forget everything going on around you! Next thing you know, you've arrived at your destination!
6. Tervis Tumbler: I am a huge supporter of Tervis. It always bugs me when a cup starts sweating or is super cold on my hands. Tervis solves (almost) all of my problems in that department! ;-)
7. Magazines: It never fails that I order a few subscriptions and never make the time to read through them. Between car rides and spending hours relaxing it is the perfect time to catch up on celeb gossip and trends for fall.
8. Hair Ties: I always carry spares with me everywhere I go because they always seem to disappear. Being in the car (or on the beach) for hours on end I get really frustrated with my hair and end up throwing it in a pony tail.
9. A "real" book: Although I love my Kindle, there is nothing quite like flipping the pages of a book. Being on the beach all day it is just easier to throw a book in my bag instead of worrying about sand in my Kindle.
10. Canon t3i: I don't go anywhere without my camera. Especially vacation. Simple enough :-)
What are your travel essentials?